Jerr-Dan is committed to preventing the potential spread of COVID-19
During this time of uncertainty, the safety and wellbeing of our team members and our customers is our top priority. As an organization, we have taken many preventive measures to limit the potential spread of the virus and mitigate the impact to our business and yours. Below are key actions taken to date.
- Increased cleaning frequency of high-touch areas in our facilities
- Deployment of regular communications to team members as a reminder to follow guidance from the Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- Canceled or rescheduled company events
- Limitations placed on global and domestic business travel
- Implemented a quarantine period of 14 days following completion of any business-related or personal travel to areas of concern
- Educated team members and are actively practicing social distancing measures such as maintaining a minimum amount of space between employees
- Mandatory remote work for all office staff who can complete their work outside Jerr-Dan facilities
- Implemented staggered work shifts and work zones to limit the spread of germs
- Limited visitors to our facilities to business-critical visits and deliveries only
Manufacturing Plant Closure
Jerr-Dan has proactively decided to temporarily suspend its production with a planned shutdown March 30th through April 10th, with plans to reopen April 13th.
Parts Distribution Centers & Customer Support
Our parts distribution warehouses remain fully functional. We will continue to strictly abide by any local government requests related to business closures and implement any requested preventive health measures.
The inside sales/customer support departments remain operational with most personnel working remotely as noted above.
In an effort to align supply to demand, we have adjusted manufacturing operations as per the above schedule. This action is exclusive to the Access Segment and does not impact manufacturing operations in the Commercial, Defense or Fire & Emergency segments of Oshkosh.
We have communicated with and are actively working with suppliers to adjust delivery schedules and volume to enable ramp up to full production as factories reopen.