History

Jerr-Dan team

History

Jerr-Dan’s beginnings reach back more than a half century to 1959, when farm equipment maker Grove Manufacturing began developing a carrier for its products. Over time, that carrier would become known by a variety of names, including “rollback,” “tilt-bed,” “slideback,” or “flatbed.”

In 1972, Jerr-Dan was formed by J. Pool and D. Reynolds. The company built EZ-Dumpers and tow trucks. One year later, Jerr-Dan purchased Grove Manufacturing Company’s agricultural industrial product division.

Over the course of the next four decades, Jerr-Dan would become an innovator in the towing and recovery business, developing the first extruded aluminum deck for a rollback in the industry, and designing a wheel lift-type wrecker that is now standard in the towing world.

With some of the most innovative and creative engineers and designers in the business, Jerr-Dan has earned more than 25 patents around the world for its products, including the advanced rollback wheel-lift and the lightweight/rust resistant tow truck body.

In 2004, Jerr-Dan was acquired by Oshkosh Corporation, which designs and builds specialty trucks and truck bodies and access equipment. With manufacturing operations in 9 countries, the company employs 13,100 people around the world and its products and services are sold in more than 130 countries.

Today, Jerr-Dan continues to be the leader in the towing and recovery business. With an unsurpassed commitment to product innovation, quality, value and customer service, as well as a superior distribution network, Jerr-Dan is poised for solid growth and global expansion in the years to come.